– Berkowitz’s hedge fund returns: Amazing returns for a hedge fund that uses no-hedge
– Pabrai lecture: Great lecture and Q&A with Pabrai. He talks about some of this previous investments and how he looked at the key mistakes he made (Delta Financial) or how he sees the key investment theme (DirectTV)
– Lou Simpson Profile: A dated 1987 profile of Lou Simpson.
XPEL’s 2nd investor presentation is now available. Ryan Pape, CEO, did a great job talking about the company’s product, the industry, and how the company is growing. This is the first time I’ve heard the CEO speak, I thought he is very strategic about his business and keeps his card close to him. He didn’t reveal much about how the company is going to grow but it sounded like he wasn’t much concerned. I think the presentation is a good overview for people that are new to the company.
– What Alan Greenspan has learned since 2008: Interview with Greenspan on how his thinking has evolved
– Contrarian: A documentary on John Templeton
XPEL typically doesn’t do much investor communication. This has been one of the reasons why the company is not that well known to investors. The company did its first investor presentation in Dec ’13. On Jan 15th the company will be doing a presentation for the MicroCapClub Invitational. The good thing about this presentation is that it will be public and accessible online. It will be interesting to see what the CEO has to share about where the company is focused on growth.
I expect 2014 to be the year that the company makes its story more public. The CEO has mentioned to investors that the company expects to do investor conference calls and get the stock listed on a US stock market, instead of this grey market they are currently in.